My reading list

After some thoughts, research, and suggestions, I have settled on my reading list for 2010. This is not to say that these will be the only books I will read, but it will give me something to aim at as opposed to how I usually go about it (a.k.a no plan whatsoever). In no particular order, here they are:






Shepherding a Child's Heart – Ted Tripp (Parenting)






When Helping Hurts – Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert (Missions)






The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God – D.A. Carson (Theology)






The Walk – Stephen Smallman (Discipleship)






How to Read a Book – Mortimer Adler (General)






Orthodoxy – G.K. Chesterton (Classics)






Simple Student Ministry – Eric Geiger and Jeff Borton (Student Ministry)






Through the Gates of Splendor – Elisabeth Elliot (Biography)






The Hole in our Gospel – Richard Stearns (Missions)






1-2-1 Discipleship – Christine Dillon (Discipleship)






Our Accountability to God – A.W. Pink (Classics)






Counterfeit Gods – Tim Keller (Theology)






There are a couple that I hope to add to the list. I had a hard time narrowing them down and I hope I get through these 12 so that I can also read:






Family Driven Faith – Vodie Baucham (Parenting)






The Life and Diary of David Brainerd (Biography)






The Meaning of the Pentateuch – John Sailhamer (Theology)

So come January, I will kick it all off with "Shepherding a Child's Heart."  Anyone else game?

Posted by Jack | at 11:57 AM

1 comments:

caulfieldkid said...

count me in.