Caleb and missions

Last night our church had an emphasis on international missions.  Carrie and I decided to do something bold and daring: we brought all three boys into the service.  Caleb did really well last week during our Ethiopia report and Josiah would sleep, so we thought we could chance it.  Noah, however, starting crying at one point and as he was in my lap and Carrie was holding a sleeping Josiah, I took him to our family room in the back of the sanctuary.  Within a few minutes Caleb had escaped and joined us.

I really wanted to be a part of the service.  About the time that I was second guessing my decision, Caleb asked what Pastor Michael was talking about and I said "missions."  Without missing a beat he asked me, "Daddy, why do you keep going to Africa?"  I told him that there were people there who don't know Jesus and Daddy goes so that they can hear about him.  Then I told him I would take him with me one day when he was older.  "When I'm 4?" "No a little older." "Oh, OK, when I'm 5?" That small conversation made it all worthwhile.

I prayed over him as he was going to sleep last night that God would give him heart for the nations. I eagerly look for that day!

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7

Posted by Jack | at 5:55 AM

1 comments:

GiGi said...

If his dad can't go, his Aunt Bel will take him any where and every where!!!!: )