Back to Africa

This Sunday, I have an opportunity to do be a part of two things I love.  The first is preaching.  I am grateful to have the the opportunity to open the God's word with our church family.  The second is missions.  Our pastor, Michael Stovall, has asked me to preach on missions.  I must say that this is a wonderful intersection for me.  

The more I prepare, the more I think about Ethiopia.  This place has a large place in my heart.  Seeing the people and knowing the work that God is doing there, I can not wait to return.  What's best, is that Lord willing, this September I will have the opportunity to go with representatives of Ewing Road Baptist Church and see them take part in global disciplemaking.  I LOVE seeing people catch and understand missions.  It changes your daily living.  The only thing that is going to make this better is that I get to do it with my bride.  We met doing missions with World Changers.  We hope to take our children on mission with us in the future.
I am reminded that there is great lostness in Ethiopia.  The dots on the map to the left indicate groups of people who are unreached and unengaged.  There are 5,800 groups like this all over the world.  We have been given the amazing privilege of representing Christ to a world that is estranged from Him. May we do it with boldness, tenacity, and the joy of our King.
I hope you will be with us Sunday as we look together at the fact that, "Missions is Non-negotiable."  Would you pray with me that God would open our hearts and eyes to how we can become and even greater part of His mission of redemption?

Preaching in Ethiopia in 2009

Posted by Jack | at 11:37 AM

0 comments: